I am a teacher of 8th graders in the subject of English…and dear Lord can they make me crazy:
- When being called upon in class the student responds “What happened?” – Nothing happened, that is the problem…I am asking you to get on task.
- I spend 5 minutes explaining the task/assignment and then release it into the classroom to hear the student in front of me say “Wait, what are we suppose to do?”
- “Miss, I didn’t do the homework because I had a math homework” Seriously?
- “Can we watch a movie?”
- Why do they wear their backpacks everywhere they go?
- talk, talk, talk
- “What’s my grade?”
- “Do we have to read the whole book?”
- “What are we doing today?”
- “Can we leave early?”
I love teaching 8th grade but sometimes I am so glad there is a vodka tonic waiting for me at the end of the day.
Borrowed from Mrs. Chili over at The Blue Door…
1. Are you more melancholy on occasion? Oh, most definitely
2. What did you think you looked like when you were a teenager? short and plump
3. Whose advice are you least likely to listen to? Drama Queen
4. Tell us about a job that you liked when you were younger. I loved working at an alteration shop. It was fun to learn about styling and quality.
5. Would you lie to someone if you knew the truth would end your friendship or relationship? doubtful
6. What do you have little or no patience for? jackasses, someone trying to get something for nothing
7. What is there never enough hours in the day to do? the little chores….
8. What is the most productive thing that you accomplished in October? planned and executed a fabulous baby shower.
9. What have you always wanted to learn but haven’t yet? to speak spanish
Things that really need to happen this week:
- Grades, Grades and Grades
- Clean out 2 cupboards – don’t care what 2 just clean out 2
- Order Kaos’ cupcakes
- Plan New Year Card – signage to the girls
- Order TDay dinner
- BTSA, BTSA, and BTSA
I planned for weeks for a baby shower which was today. Everything was perfect. But could have I done it better? Why am I not just happy with good enough? Sigh
This is not even on the to do level…it is much higher. I am hosting a baby shower for a for a very dear family friend this weekend and there are somethings that just must happen.
- Memory game paper
- Bingo cards
- food cards
- office stashing
- wrap game prizes
- do the No Rain dance